DetailsCategory: Spiritual Growth, Outreach, & Heritage
Skill Level: 2
Category: Community Services / Spiritual Growth, Outreach, and Heritage
Original Honor: 2009
AdventSource Honors Handbook PDF
AdventSource Catalog: Patch Order (must have approved order login) (link from AdventSource)
Wiki.pathfindersonline.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: General Conference
1. Be at least in the 8th grade.
2. Read the story of Philip tutoring the Ethiopian eunuch in Acts 8:26-40.
3. Describe the social conditions that make it more difficult for underprivileged children to achieve basic reading and math skills during elementary school.
4. Explain the major types of community-based tutoring programs:
a. In-school, cross-age tutoring
b. After-school or weekend program
c. Community homework center
5. Explain the difference between one-on-one tutoring and small-group classes, and list the pros and cons of each approach.
6. List the basic functions included in the job description of the volunteer tutor in a community-based tutoring program.
7. Describe the resources or tools that a volunteer tutor uses in a community-based tutoring program.
8. Complete at least five tutoring sessions with a younger child.