The current Pathfinder Uniform policy:
The NAD Class A Uniform Policy, relating to the “lower half” of the uniform, authorizes the recognized local conference Pathfinder leadership organization to determine the exact style approved for use in their conference. Conferences also have the right to delegate this authority to their local clubs, allowing each club to set its own policy based on their needs. It should be noted that often females are given the personal choice of slacks or skirts based on their own personal belief as to what is appropriate wear, especially in a church sanctuary.
Authorized (Stocked by AdventSource)
- Slacks* – Black, straight leg, pleated front, belt loops, no cuff
- Skirt – Black, A-line, pleated front, belt loops
(No length set, but typically the hem should at or just below the knee)
Other authorized styles (Consistent in conference or club as noted above.)
- Slacks* – Black, straight leg, flat front, belt loops, no cuff
- Shorts – Black, Bermuda style and length, pleated front, belt loops
- Shorts – Black, Bermuda style and length, flat front, belt loops
- Skort – Black, belt loops (no length or other details set)
- Culottes – Black, belt loops (no length or other details set)
We have recently received a number of questions about the NAD policy on Pathfinder Class A uniform pants, skirts etc. The current edition of the Pathfinder Staff Manual (2007 edition, page 44 & 45) and the uniform section on the NAD Pathfinder website (http://www.pathfindersonline.org/uniform) show different standards. The website covers the full range of options as voted by the NAD Pathfinder Committee in February of 2000 (Action PA 2000.19). We are sorry to say that the Pathfinder Staff Manual information on the subject is not complete.