Pathfinder Bible Experience
The Pathfinder Bible Experience is the Official North American Division Pathfinder Bible study program. Some affectionately call the program Bible Bowl.
Each year, teams of six club members study a book of the Bible (alternating Old Testament and New Testament), memorizing large portions of God's word.
There are four levels of competition - Area, Conference, Union, and Division.
In April, finalist teams from across the Division participate in the final level of testing. The finals take place either near NAD Headquarters (even years) and in various union locations during odd numbered years. In 2012 and 2014 the finals were at near the Division offices in Maryland, and in 2013 the finals were at Union College in Lincoln NE. In 2015, the Southwest Union hosted the even at Southwestern Adventist University.
The Pathfinders are tested over the assigned study books as well as the SDA Bible Commentary Introduction to each study book.
At each level, the teams scoring 90% or higher of the highest score at their testing site make 1st place and are invited to go on to the next level. The winning teams are extreme students of the Bible and in most cases memorize chapters and in some cases the entire book(s). Winning teams incorporate the Total Church Involvement approach. This means they have study coaches but also involve the church elders and other members of the local church to assist in making up sample tests, friendly competition against the elders to see who is the better student of the Bible, become involved in worships made up of talks from subject matter from the assigned study book(s). The students may also perform dramas depicting some of the Biblical stories from their assigned study book.
There is an official Pathfinder Manual & Activity Guide.
- Each year on the first Sabbath in February, teams of up to six Pathfinders will participate in an area (fellowship, district) Pathfinder Bible Experience.
- Clubs can field as many teams as they have Pathfinders to fill. Those placing in the 1st place category with 90% and higher of the top score earned will advance to conference level on the first Sabbath of March. Here is the link of official dates for this year.
- Union level will be held on the last Sabbath in March and the Division level on the third Sabbath in April. The local conference and union may alter the date forward or backward a week according to their unique scheduling needs. Here is the link of official dates for this year
- Most questions will require short answers.
- No special equipment is required, just a laptop and projector at each event.
- Gene Clapp is the NAD Pathfinder Bible Experience Coordinator. You can contact him via email.
- Exciting developments are underway to connect the Pathfinder Bible Experience with the broader church life, Bible study, and revival, reformation and repentance.
Purchase Meal Tickets here
Please keep in mind:
- Must bring your paid order with you. This is your meal ticket.
- Must order your meal ahead of time. There will not be extra to order onsite
- Orders must be received by April 18, 2019
- Make sure your email address is entered correctly. If it is not, you will not receive your receipt for the tickets.