The Pathfinder Bible Experience is a team challenge that focuses on immersion in the Word of God. Four levels of play each Pathfinder year culminate in an official NAD Pathfinder event held on the third Sabbath of April at a large venue somewhere in the NAD.
A full day of activities is planned, including Sabbath morning services, and the PBE event in the afternoon from 1-5 pm.
The PBE Manual is available from AdventSource or as a PDF download here.
For more articles:
The Pathfinder Bible Experience is the Official North American Division Pathfinder Bible study program. Some affectionately call the program Bible Bowl.
Each year, teams of six club members study a book of the Bible (alternating Old Testament and New Testament), memorizing large portions of God's word.
There are three languages officially supported in the NAD Pathfinder Bible Experience (English, Spanish, French), and thus three official Bible translations
- English: New King James (Thomas Nelson Pathfinder Edition recommended)
- Spanish: Reina Valera 1995 (RVR1995)
- French: Version Louis Segond en Français
The Bible Study Books for 2016-17 PBE are the following:
- Galatians ~ Gálatas ~ Galates
- Ephesians ~ Efesios ~ Ephésiens
- Philippians ~ Filipenses ~ Philippiens
- Colossians ~ Colosenses ~ Colossiens
- 1st Timothy ~ 1 Timoteo ~ 1 Timothée
- 2nd Timothy ~ 2 Timoteo ~ 2 Timothée
The testing also includes questions from the SDA Bible Commentary Intro Theme section Only for each book.
SDA Bible Commentary Theme Section ONLY:
Please visit the website for all kinds of information regarding the specifics of PBE. The PBE manual and many other resources are available.
Be sure your testing levels (area, conference, union) are offering PBE testing in your chosen one of these three languages.
REMINDER: Per voted policy, answers to questions must match the language studied in, and cannot "cross over" mixing languages in an answer. (See manual "Language Variation" for more detail).
The following items were voted in February 2016 and will become part of the 2016-2017 PBE Manual for the 2016-2017 Testing Year.
- Voted: Beginning with Pathfinder Year 2016-17, it is acceptable for a Conference to invite the teams placing first place and also second place at the Area Level Testing to advance and participate in the Conference Level PBE Testing. This action is not mandatory and is only at the choice of the Conference. Conferences may only take this action for teams advancing between Area and Conference Levels.
- Voted: The Bible Study books for 2021 are Hebrews, James, 1st and 2nd Peter. Suggested:We study a series of minor prophets for 2022.
- Voted: In 2017, Due to Easter Weekend, the Division PBE Finals be April 21-22
- Voted: Division Testing locations
The initial proposed rotation is the following: 2017-Lake Union, 2018-Southern Union, 2019-North Pacific Union, 2020-Atlantic Union, 2021-Southwestern Union, 2022-Columbia Union, 2023-Mid-America Union, 2024-Pacific Union.
- Voted: On occasion the NAD is asked by various program authors to review their memorization or Bible study program and ask that the NAD adopt that program as the official memorization or Bible study program for PBE The NAD does not sponsor or adopt any outside program as official. We may include those programs on a list of possible study helps and participants may then make a choice, however, no program will be adopted as official.
We are incredibly excited and amazed with how God led hundreds of young people deep into the Bible - the Book of Exodus, during the 2015-2016 PBE season. April 16 2016, 100 teams met in Prescott Arizona for the fifth annual NAD Division Testing event.
All Teams who tested at the Division event are included in the following list by union and conference, with their placement. Placement is based on the following metric: First Place=90% correct of top scoring team's score; Second Place=80% correct from top scoring team's score; Third Place=70% correct from top scoring team's score.
UPDATE - Bulletin 3 - 4/6/2016
Each year, the NAD Pathfinder Ministry team provides an Application Guide to assist the leadership and PBE teams in learning and internalizing the book of the Bible being studied.
The 2017 Exodus Application Guide for the Pauline Epistles (Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 & 2 Timothy) will be available autumn, 2017.
The 2016 Application Guide is for Exodus and may be downloaded here.
TIMING:In an effort to be fair yet streamline the response time following the second reading of the questions in the testing process we have made the following changes to the response time.
Previously, following the second reading of the testing question, the teams were given 10 seconds to determine the answer to the question.
Voted NAD Pathfinder Advisory 2013 --
Beginning in 2014 we have changed the study direction of PBE from multiple books to generally one book.
- 2015 - Matthew
- 2016 - Exodus
- 2017 - Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, and 1 & 2 Timothy
Below you will find the forms necessary for local team, area, and conference levels of play.
Local Club Forms:
Statement of Integrity - Please bring a signed copy to your area, conference, union, and division events.
Media Release Form -- Please bring a signed copy FOR EACH PARTICIPANT to your area, conference, union, and division events.