Pathfinder Bible Experience
The Pathfinder Bible Experience is a team challenge that focuses on immersion in the Word of God. Four levels of play each Pathfinder year culminate in an official NAD Pathfinder event held on the third Sabbath of April at a large venue somewhere in the NAD.
A full day of activities is planned, including Sabbath morning services, and the PBE event in the afternoon from 1-5 pm.
The PBE Manual is available from AdventSource or as a PDF download here.
For more articles:
There are three languages officially supported in the NAD Pathfinder Bible Experience (English, Spanish, French), and thus three official Bible translations. The Bible Study Books for 2016-17 PBE are the following:
and the SDA Bible Commentary Intro Theme section Only for each book. This Commentary selection is available for download here.
Please visit the website for all kinds of information regarding the specifics of PBE. The PBE manual and many other resources are available.
Be sure your testing levels (area, conference, union) are offering PBE testing in your chosen one of these three languages.
REMINDER: Per voted policy, answers to questions must match the language studied in, and cannot "cross over" mixing languages in an answer. (See manual "Language Variation" for more detail).
We are incredibly excited and amazed with how God led hundreds of young people deep into the Bible - the Book of Exodus, during the 2015-2016 PBE season. April 16 2016, 100 teams met in Prescott Arizona for the fifth annual NAD Division Testing event.
All Teams who tested at the Division event are included in the following list by union and conference, with their placement. Placement is based on the following metric: First Place=90% correct of top scoring team's score; Second Place=80% correct from top scoring team's score; Third Place=70% correct from top scoring team's score.
UPDATE - Bulletin 3 - 4/6/2016
The following items were voted in February 2016 and will become part of the 2016-2017 PBE Manual for the 2016-2017 Testing Year.
- Voted: Beginning with Pathfinder Year 2016-17, it is acceptable for a Conference to invite the teams placing first place and also second place at the Area Level Testing to advance and participate in the Conference Level PBE Testing. This action is not mandatory and is only at the choice of the Conference. Conferences may only take this action for teams advancing between Area and Conference Levels.
- Voted: The Bible Study books for 2021 are Hebrews, James, 1st and 2nd Peter. Suggested:We study a series of minor prophets for 2022.
- Voted: In 2017, Due to Easter Weekend, the Division PBE Finals be April 21-22
- Voted: Division Testing locations
The initial proposed rotation is the following: 2017-Lake Union, 2018-Southern Union, 2019-North Pacific Union, 2020-Atlantic Union, 2021-Southwestern Union, 2022-Columbia Union, 2023-Mid-America Union, 2024-Pacific Union.
- Voted: On occasion the NAD is asked by various program authors to review their memorization or Bible study program and ask that the NAD adopt that program as the official memorization or Bible study program for PBE The NAD does not sponsor or adopt any outside program as official. We may include those programs on a list of possible study helps and participants may then make a choice, however, no program will be adopted as official.
BREAKING NEWS -- Prescott High School, in Prescott, AZ has been chosen as the location for the 2016 "Exodus" Pathfinder Bible Experience Division-wide Finale. All teams who score 90% at their Union-level competition are invited to attend this event
Directions from PHX Airport to Camp Yavapines
Directions from PHX to Prescott High School
Prescott is a beautiful town in the mountains of Arizona and is also the home of the Arizona Conference Youth Camp called Camp Yavapines. The
actual meeting and testing site is only 2.9 miles from Camp Yavapines at the Prescott High School. The youth camp has 750 summer camp beds available for rental if you so choose. In addition there are quite a number of hotels in the Prescott area available at reasonable prices. For those flying in, it is very advisable to fly in to Phoenix and take Interstate 17 north to Hwy 69 going to Prescott. For those wishing to come early or stay late, Sedona, Arizona is only about 30-45 minutes away, Grand Canyon National Park is about 1 hour 45 minutes away.
The Pathfinder Bible Experience is the Official North American Division Pathfinder Bible study program. Some affectionately call the program Bible Bowl.
Each year, teams of six club members study a book of the Bible (alternating Old Testament and New Testament), memorizing large portions of God's word.
TIMING:In an effort to be fair yet streamline the response time following the second reading of the questions in the testing process we have made the following changes to the response time.
Previously, following the second reading of the testing question, the teams were given 10 seconds to determine the answer to the question.