Skill Level: 1
Original Honor: 1989
Adventsource Honors Handbook PDF
Adventsource Catalog: #006377 Patch Order (must have approved order login) (link from AdvemtSource)
Wiki.pathfindersonline.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: North American Division
1. Know the basic rules of soccer.
2. What is the meaning of “Good Sportsmanship?”
3. Make a drawing of the soccer playing field.
4. Demonstrate reasonable skill in playing the game of soccer.
5. Describe the different skills required at each position.
6. Know the meaning of and the Referee signals for the following:
a. Off sides
d. Corner kick
e. Indirect kick
f. Direct kick
7. Define the following terms:
d. Corner Arcs
g. Drop ball
h. Drop kick
j. Half volley
r. Pass back
s. Penalty area
t. Slide tackle
8. Spend at least 4 hours helping less skilled or younger players improve their skills.
9. Play a least 5 games with family or friends. Show good sportsmanship during your practice and games.
10. Write a one page report on a famous soccer player. Discuss why they are or are not a good Christian role model.
11. Discuss with your Pathfinder leader, pastor or teacher the problems facing a Seventh-day Adventist youth considering sports in Jr. High, High School or college. What alternatives are there that allow for continued activity in sports.