2. Briefly describe the origin of the global positioning satellites? What is their history – when and how did they get there? By whom?
3. Define latitude, longitude. What is meant by degrees, minutes, seconds?
4. Complete two or more of the following:
a. Establish and maintain a new geocache in your area for at least 6-months.
b. Send out and follow a TB (travel bug) for 6 months.
c. Find 2 travel bugs and follow for 6 months
d. Participate in a geocache meeting or event in your area (attend).
5. What are the laws/rules/guidelines for placing caches in the following locations?
a. State Parks National Park Service
b. Roads and Railroad Right-of-Ways
c. Placing caches while traveling
d. Wilderness Areas in National Forest Areas
e. USDA Forest Service
6. Find and record at least 18 geocaches; include:
a. Traditional cache with 3-star difficulty
b. One Multi-level
c. One virtual
d. One micro