Geocaching1. Define Geocaching.
2. What is a GPS receiver?
3. Demonstrate 2 ways of finding the location of a Geocache in your area on the Geocache website.
4. Demonstrate entering the latitude and longitude coordinates into the GPS to find a Geocache in your area.
5. Define the following terms:
a. Traditional cache
c. Virtual cache
d. Multi-level cache
e. Travel bug
6. What items may be left in a geocache? Which items may not?
7. Know and practice good Travel Bug Etiquette
8. Know and practice good Travel Bug Etiquette
9. Find 3 Geocaches in your area, at least one of which must be a regular (traditional) cache.
10. Write about your geocache find in your logbook on the geocache website.
11. Discuss Matthew 6:19-21 and Jeremiah 29:13 and compare them to geocaching.
12. Discuss safety concerns you should consider when geocaching.
Skill Level: 1