1. Know by name and explain the purpose of the various parts of a bicycle.
2. Repair a punctured bicycle tire.
3. Take apart and clean a bicycle and put it together again properly.
4. Adjust the brakes and front and rear derailer properly.
5. Know and practice courtesy and safety rules in bicycling.
6. What are the advantages of wearing a cycling helmet?
7. Ride a bicycle 50 consecutive miles (80 kilometers) in ten hours or less.
8. Know how to read a road map by routing out your 80 kilometers course and following it accurately on the ride.
Skill Level 1