Skill Level: 2
Original Honor: 1976
Adventsource Honors Handbook PDF
Adventsource Catalog: #007400 Advanced Star Order (must have approved order login) (link from adventsource)
Wikibooks.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: General Conference
1. Have the Archery Honor.
2. Explain the advantages to be found by the target archer in making use of the following equipment:
a. Aluminum shaft target arrows
b. Bow level
c. Bow sight
d. Bow sling
e. Bow square
f. Bow stabilizer(s)
h. Flexible arrow plate
i. Kisser button
j. Plastic arrow fletching
k. String peep
3. Explain what is meant by arrow spine.
4. Read the following chapters in The National Archery Association Instructor’s Manual:
a. Problem Correction
b. Advanced Shooting
c. Bow Tuning
5. Using a standard (Olympic bow) score one of the following:
a. Indoors: 30 arrows (5 rounds) at 70.8 feet (18 meters) score 200 points on a 23.6 inch (60 cm) target.
b. Outdoors: 30 arrows (5 rounds) at 196.8 feet (50 meters) score 200 points on 48 inch (122 cm) target.
6. Review and practice the archery safety rules.