1. Know and explain the archery safety rules.
2. Identify the parts of an arrow.
3. Identify the parts of a bow.
4. Correctly and safely string a bow.
5. Describe and show how to use: arm guard, finger tab and quiver, bow sling, string kisser.
6. Demonstrate the following shooting techniques:
a. The stance
b. Nocking the arrow
c. The draw
d. The anchor
e. The hold and aim
f. The release
g. The follow-through
7. Why is it necessary to have an arrow “nocking point” properly positioned on the bow string?
8. Using a standard (Olympic bow) score one of the following:
a. Indoors: 30 arrows (5 rounds) at 18 meters score 50 points on a 60 cm. target
b. Outdoors: 30 arrows (5 rounds) at 25 meters score points on a 122 cm. target
Skill Level 1