AdventSource Honors Handbook PDF
AdventSource Catalog: Advanced Star Order (must have approved order login) (link from AdventSource)
Wiki.pathfindersonline.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: General Conference
1. Complete the Snowshoeing Honor.
2. Explain 10 different kinds of snowflakes and their influence on snowshoeing.
3. Using one of the following, create a presentation that describes the origin and history of snowshoeing, including the use among native American peoples. List all sources used.
a. Electronic presentation
b. Bulletin board/presentation board display
c. Verbal presentation
d. Written report (minimum of one-page)
4. Review the basics of Snowshoeing safety as outlined in the Snowshoeing Honor.
5. Do one of the following.
a. Make a pair of functional “survival snowshoes” out of native and first aid materials that would likely be available to you in a survival environment
b. Make a traditional set of functional snowshoes from natural and/or synthetic materials.
6. Successfully complete two three-mile snowshoe hikes. Make a detailed report describing the approximate depth and condition of the snow, animals and fauna, and the approximate speed at which you traveled.
7. After one of your hikes, write a paragraph exploring the spiritual dimensions of snow. Be sure to include at least three Scriptural references to snow.