Skill Level: 1
Category: Spiritual Growth, Outreach, and Heritage
Original Honor: 2016
AdventSource Honors Handbook PDF
AdventSource Catalog: Patch Order (must have approved order login) (link from AdventSource)
Wiki.pathfindersonline.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: North American Division
1. Describe, compare, and contrast the following forms of Bible study:
a. Personal devotion
b. Small group
c. Corporate worship
2. Describe, compare, and contrast the following Bible study tools:
b. Bible commentary
c. Bible Dictionary
3. Discuss with a group the ways that Bible study is essential to the development of a Christian lifestyle.
4. Discuss with a group the importance of beginning each small group Bible study with prayer.
5. As a group, and with the guidance of a pastor, elder, or a club staff member, create a detailed list of guidelines for success when participating in a small group Bible
6. Discuss with a group how giving a small group Bible study can lead an individual to an effective life-changing experience with God. Role-play or illustrate this change
7. Participate in a small group Bible study for at least three months and attend the majority of meetings/studies held by that group.
8. Based on your experience while participating in your small group, create a poster, drawing, oral presentation, skit, video, or written assessment expressing the benefits
of a small group. Describe some of the following features of small group Bible study:
a. Provides spiritual support for its members.
b. Provides an opening for sharing one’s faith / inviting others to the group.
c. Builds friendship and community among its members.
d. Encourages people to worship as Jesus directed, “in community.”
9. At the conclusion of your experience defined in requirement 7, share with someone who was not a member of your small group how these studies have helped you grow
as a Christian. Invite them to join your small group, or if your group is becoming too large, multiply it into more small groups.