Skill Level: 2
Category: Spiritual Growth, Outreach, and Heritage
Original Honor: 2017
AdventSource Honors Handbook PDF (pending)
AdventSource Catalog: Patch Order (must have approved order login) (link from AdventSource)
Wiki.pathfindersonline.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: North American Division
1. Define the term prophet and their role in God’s church.
2. List the four major and 12 minor prophets in the Old Testament.
3. Differentiate between major and minor prophets.
4. Name two New Testament prophets and their role.
5. Name three female prophets in the Old Testament and their role.
6. Define the term prophecy and its role in God’s church.
7. Read Revelation 14:12 and 19:10 and discuss how prophecy points to the testimony of Jesus and salvation.
8. Read Deuteronomy 18:22, 1 John 4:1-3, and Jeremiah 23:18-32. Discuss the tests of a true prophet.
9. Find examples in the Bible where the Spirit of the Lord brought prophecy to non-prophets.
10. Study the following biblical accounts and determine if the character qualifies as a prophet. Create a media experience explaining why you came to your conclusion.
a. Joseph, Genesis 40 & 41
b. Jonah, the book of Jonah
c. Balaam, Numbers 22
d. Daniel, Nebuchadnezzar’s dream in Daniel chapter 4
e. John, Revelation 21:1-8
11. Discuss in a group the dual prophecy made by Jesus in Matthew 24 which covers both the fall of Jerusalem and the end of time. Create a chart showing how each phrase can apply to each time frame.
12. Give a list of three symbols used in biblical prophecy and give their interpretation.
13. Discuss in a group the Dream of Nebuchadnezzar and Daniel’s interpretation in Daniel chapter 2. Make a model or draw a picture of the image in Nebuchadnezzar’s dream. Label what each section represents. Then display your project for a few weeks in order to share with your church what you have learned.
14. Do the following activities:
a. Give a short talk or skit for vespers or prayer meeting (or any appropriate gathering) about one of your favorites prophets.
b. Complete a Bible study on prophecy with a leader in your church.