Category: Spiritual Growth, Outreach, and Heritage
Skill Level: 2
Original Honor: 1938
AdventSource Honors Handbook PDF
AdventSource Catalog: Patch Order (must have approved order login) (link from AdventSource)
Wiki.pathfindersonline.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: General Conference
1. Through Bible and the writings of Ellen G. White study how Jesus treated people on a one-to-one basis. Write a 500-word report or give a five-minute oral report of what you learned.
2. Show that you have a personal daily devotional life for at least six months.
3. Do two of the following:
a. Take part in one of the following:
(1) Evangelistic meetings
(2) Youth Evangelistic meetings
(3) Community service van activities
(4) Cooking school seminars
(5) Stop Smoking seminars
(6) Weight loss seminars
(7) Stress management seminars
In your choice of the above, do the following:
(a) Take part in the organization of the activity.
(b) Take part in the setting up of the meeting place.
(c) Assist in the advertising.
(d) Find out where the finances came from for the outreach project and what expenses were incurred.
(e) Be involved in the operation and running of the outreach project on a regular basis.
b. Assist in the organization and planning of one of the following outreach projects and participate in the project at least ten hours:
(1) Community beautification project, such as landscaping or improving a public area
(2) Story hour
(3) Clown ministry
(4) Puppet ministry
(5) Prepare Christmas stockings for underprivileged children.
(6) Food and/or clothing distribution to the needy.
(7) Programs and visits to a nursing home, orphanage, or pediatrics ward of a hospital.
(8) Similar project approved by a Master Guide or AY leader.
c. Do all of the planning and organization and participate at least 15 hours in one of the following outreach projects:
(1) Free yard care or housework for the elderly
(2) Teach in a lower division Sabbath School department.
(3) Temperance talks
(4) Tutoring of younger students
(5) Volunteer work in a hospital or nursing home
(6) Supplying books and games to a hospital
(7) Help with the rehabilitation of a physically handicapped person
(8) Make posters and are projects for a hospital, nursing home, or orphanage.
(9) Adopt a Grandparent Program.
(10) Similar project approved by a Master Guide, AY or Pathfinder leader.