Skill Level: 2
Category: Outdoor Industries
Original Honor: 1944
AdventSource Honors Handbook PDF
AdventSource Catalog: Patch Order (must have approved order login) (link from AdventSource)
Wiki.pathfindersonline.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: General Conference
- Name at least 25 parts of a steer.
- What are four characteristics of a good heifer?
- What is castration, and what is its purpose?
- Why is dehorning done, and what age is best for dehorning?
- What is creep feeding?
- When is a calf weaned?
- What are the housing needs of cattle?
- Why is it best to put feed and water at opposite ends of the pen from each other?
- Identify live or from pictures three breeds of beef cattle and three breeds of dairy cattle.
- What type of feed is required during the following:
a. First 90 days
b. From 90 to 180 days
c. From 180 days to selling
- How can a heifer be trained to become a gentle cow?
- Care for one or more calves for a period of six months.