Skill Level: 1
Original Honor: 1928
AdventSource Honors Handbook PDF
AdventSource Catalog: Patch Order (must have approved order login) (link from AdventSource)
Wiki.pathfindersonline.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: General Conference
1. Describe the ways in which trees and shrubs differ.
2. Collect and identify typical leaves from 15 different species of trees. Spread neatly, press dry, mount, and label in a suitable notebook or on uniform-size sheets of paper.
3. Name two examples each of trees that have been named for:
a. What they are used for
b. The surroundings or environment in which they grow
c. Some distinctive feature
d. The geographic region in which they live
e. Persons who first found and described them
4. Give the common name and tell the difference between the two great classes of trees.
5. Describe the importance of forest conservation in your area.
6. Name several examples of the kinds of wood used in each of the following:
a. Flooring for houses
b. Common plywood
d. Ax handles
e. Fence posts
f. Railroad ties
g. Support beams for construction work
h. Bows and arrows
i. Ideal for use as kindling
j. Burns slowly and leaves a bed of hot coals
7. Name two examples each of trees which:
a. Grow best in wet lands
b. Grow best at high levels in mountains