1. Know the life cycle of a moss, lichen, or liverwort.
2. What are lichens?
3. Name at least two ways lichens have been of value to man.
4. How are liverworts different than all other green plants? Name one used in aquariums. What is its function?
5. Describe at least three significant ways moss has played in the economy of man.
6. Make a moss garden (small terrarium) or "eternal garden" using at least three different kinds of mosses and lichens.
7. Find and identify five lichens, one liverwort, and six mosses.
8. Observe the spore caps of several different kinds of moss under a magnifier to see the differences in "hair caps" and "teeth" that separate many species.