Skill Level: 2
Original Honor: 2006
AdventSource Honors Handbook PDF
AdventSource Catalog: Patch Order (must have approved order login) (link from AdventSource)
Wiki.pathfindersonline.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: General Conference
1. Mount or photograph a collection of 20 species of insects representing at least six different orders. (No moths or butterflies and no carelessly mounted or broken specimens will be acceptable.)
a. Place under each specimen a label showing the collector's name, date caught, locality where caught. Labels should not be larger than 1/4 x 3/4 inch. (6 mm x 20 mm).
b. Identify insects down to genus or species level on a second label to be mounted below the first, including source authority.
c. Arrange all specimens neatly in an insect box according to orders and families. Order labels should be pinned to the box rather than attached to the individual insect pins. Common names are valueless.
2. What are the distinguishing characteristics of an insect?
3. Name five species of useful insects.
4. Name five species of injurious insects, and tell how to control them.
5. Tell two Bible stories in which insects played an important role.