Skill Level: 2
Original Honor: 1944
AdventSource Honors Handbook PDF
AdventSource Catalog: Patch Order (must have approved order login) (link from AdventSource)
Wiki.pathfindersonline.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: General Conference
1. Make a collection of at least ten different kinds of fossils, with the name and geographic location of each. Adhesive tape may be used for labels.
2. Have a brief definition of each of the following in your notebook: geology, fossils, catastrophism, pelecypod, graptolite, trilobite, dinosaur, mammoth, mastodon, crinoid, lingula, calamite, foraminifera, radiolaria, Paleozoic, Mesozoic, Cenozoic, Pleistocene, paleontology, paleobotany, brachiopod.
3. Do one of the following:
a. Visit a fossil bed to collect specimens. Make a written or oral report of the trip.
b. Visit a museum where fossils are on display and make a written or oral report of the trip.
4. Describe the process of proper removal of delicate specimens. Tell how a skeleton of a dinosaur or other gigantic fossil would be removed. Why should beginners not remove such specimens? What should be done by the beginner when he finds what is obviously a valuable fossil?
5. Describe the process of cleaning up specimens as they come from a field trip, to make them ready for the museum. Fully prepare at least one such specimen for display, and display it where others may see it.
6. Explain the difference in the account scientists give for the presence of fossils as related by evolutionists and creationists.
7. What accounts for the existence of frozen animals in the arctic regions. What accounts for their condition, and when did they likely live upon the earth?
8. Cite Bible and Spirit of Prophecy statements to explain the origin of the following:
Skill Level: 2