1. Have the Flower Honor.
2. Photograph, collect pictures of or sketch 75 species of wild flowers. Make a scrapbook from these and correctly label each flower.
3. Give the distinguishing characteristics of the flowers of each of 12 common plant families.
4. Prove ability to use plant keys to genus and species.
5. Tell the difference between perfect and imperfect flowers. What is meant by pistillate and staminate flowers?
6. Give an example of monoecious and dioecious plants.
7. Tell difference between monocotyledons and dicotyledons.
8. From the Bible, point out two spiritual lessons in which writers used flowers for illustrations.
9. Name and describe eight poisonous plants, noting the particular part of the plant that is poisonous.
10. Do one of the following:
a. Name five plants that are of medicinal value and indicate what part of each plant is used.
b. Name ten wild plants that are edible in root, stem, or leaf.
c. An option from requirement 6 of the Flower Honor not completed for that Honor.
Skill Level: 3