1. Describe the steps you should take in the following areas of dog care:
2. Do at least two of the following:
a. Describe what can be done to remove fleas, ticks and lice from your dog.
b. Mention some diseases, pests, and worms that dogs can get.
c. Explain what you should do for a dog bite.
3. Describe how to housebreak a puppy.
4. Explain in detail how you would wash a dog and care for its general hygiene.
5. Take full responsibility of feeding and watering a dog for two or three months.
6. Train your dog until you can successfully demonstrate the following:*
a. Heel: Your dog walks close to your left side and sits when you halt.
b. Figure 8: Your dog stays close to you side without sniffing people, fire hydrants or other dogs.
c. Stand for examination: Your dog allows strangers to touch him.
d. Recall: Your dog comes when called, sits directly in front of you, and moves to your left side on command.
e. Long sit and long down: Your dog stays in either position while you attend to other business.
* If at all possible, dogs and handlers should get instructions from qualified teacher, preferably in a class. A certificate of completion of training in any dog obedience will be acceptable for honor.
Skill Level: 2