Skill Level: 2
Original Honor: 1929
AdventSource Honors Handbook PDF
AdventSource Catalog: Patch Order (must have approved order login) (link from AdventSource)
Wikibooks.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: General Conference
1. Show how to clean, type properly and change ribbon on a typewriter.
2. Know the difference between a fabric and a carbon ribbon.
3. Identify the following parts of the typewriter and know their function:
c. Space bar
d. Backspace key
e. Shift keys and lock
g. Impression control
h. Margin stops
i. Paper release
j. Leverline-space lever
k. Line-finder control
l. Paper centering scale
n. Paper bail lever
o. Pitch selection lever
p. Margin release
4. Know how to set tabs for tabulation. Properly type a tabulated page with at least four columns.
5. Show how to center information horizontally and vertically on paper.
6. Show how to construct block and indented style letters.
7. Operate a typewriter at a speed of forty words a minute on new material for five minutes with no more than five errors.