Skill Level: 3
Adventsource Catalog: The Advanced patch has been replaced by a generic metallic star that is worn on the standard honor patch
Wikibooks.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: North American Division
1. Have the Internet Honor
2. Have the Basic Computer Honor
3. Define the following terms (or their equivalents) and tell when and how they are used:
c. HTML / Php
d. Browser safe colors and hex codes
f. Gif / PNG
4. Learn and demonstrate the use of these HTML tags OR demonstrate equivalent website construction commands in one of the current website development languages (PHP, XML, etc.)
f. <a href=”URL”></a>
i. <img src=”name />
5. Make a simple table – include text, a graphic, a horizontal rule, and a link. Use hex Codes to color your text. Make your title larger then the main document text.
6. Learn about:
a. Web graphics and be able to explain the process used to make them down load quickly.
b. Web safe colors and know when to use them. Use this knowledge to create a jpg and a gif/PNG that are both under 15k, but that are still easily viewable on a website, and to create at least five graphical navigation buttons and a title header for your website.
7. Individually or as a family, unit, or other group, develop a functioning website. All the pages of the website should be “linked” together so that someone visiting your “Homepage” may click to each of the other pages on your website. The web site should be composed of no less than 4 pages. The website should include:
a. A welcome page that states the reason for the website & includes at least one image or photograph.
b. A photos page that shows activities/events you, your family, or group have enjoyed
c. A guest book or contact page where people can “sign in” that they have visited OR where a contact email address is listed where people can email you when they visit your website.
d. A links page to other websites that you enjoy. This page should contain at least 8 links.
e. If your page is for Pathfinders/Youth group/Church or similar organization, create a calendar page that contains upcoming events.
f. Maintain the above website for at least 3 months. Keep the website information current by changing and editing the content often (Add pictures, update the calendar, etc.).