Skill Level: 1
AdventSource Honors Handbook PDF
AdventSource Catalog: Patch Order (must have approved order login) (link from AdventSource)
Wikibooks.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: North American Division
1. List as many modes of transportation you can think of that people use to get around the planet. Narrow down the previous list to a “Top Five” most common modes of transportation. List the pros and cons of each of the “Top Five.”
2. List some of the pros and cons of the following types of lodging:
b. Youth hostel
3. What types of documentation may be necessary for travel? Explain the purpose of each type of document.
4. Watch a travelogue program that shows travel scenery and geography of a unique location.
5. Discuss in a group setting what kind of attitude travelers should have when traveling abroad.
6. Create a simple 7-day trip plan for a “family vacation.” As part of your plan, create a 7-day trip planner and include:
a. Details on one historic place to visit
b. Details on two natural sites to visit
c. Details on one recreational site to visit
Note: the first and last days may be travel days
7. List a few different ways people got around in Bible times.
8. Calculate approximately how long it would take to walk between Jerusalem and Damascus.
9. Sketch a map of a trip mentioned in the Bible:
a. Show name of person(s) and path taken including notable stops made.
b. Show different types of lines for each different mode of transport taken.
c. Show a “legend/key” for identifying markings and transport types.
Note: You may have to logically guess some aspects of the information if not mentioned directly in scripture.
1. Earn the Travel honor.
2. View a travelogue program not previously watched, of a unique location you
would like to visit.
3. What safety considerations should you think of when traveling?
4. What health recommendations or requirements are recommended by your
country’s health depart/office when traveling internationally?
5. Create a 7-day international trip plan for a “family vacation”:
a. Create a 7-day planner and include:
i. A description of one historic site to visit
ii. A list and description of two natural sites to visit
iii. A description of one recreational site to visit
Note: First and last days may be travel days
b. Create a 7-day budget for the “family vacation” and include projected
financial figures for a “family group” of four people:
i. Round trip airfare to that country
ii. Automobile Rental (economy/compact)
iii. Legitimate gas costs (remember that many countries list gas prices
iv. Determine an average per night hotel expense
v. Determine an average per day food expense
vi. Budget costs for sites you plan to visit
vii. Legitimate souvenir expenses
viii. Include 10% for miscellaneous expenses
6. Write a 100-word description or discuss in a group what you think traveling
around in Bible times was like. Discussion topics might include:
a. contrasting distances traveled then vs. now
b. expectations of what you'd have available to you at your lodging (bathing,
beds, # of people lodging together, etc.)
c. food eaten during a journey (no refrigeration or grocery stores back then)
d. why you would travel (recreation vs. necessities)
Skill Level 2
Original Honor 2009
North American Division