Skill Level: 1 (basic) 2 (advanced)
Original Honors: 2011
Adventsource Honors Handbook PDF
Adventsource Catalog: #006502 Patch Order (must have approved order login) (link from adventsource)
Wikibooks.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: North American Division
1. Know the 10 simple rules of Ultimate and how the game is played.
2. Define and explain “Spirit of the Game” .
3. Explain why the name “Frisbee” was dropped from the name of the game.
4. Identify and be able to throw the disk:
5. Define or explain the following game terms:
a. Stacking & Cutting
b. Clearing Out
c. Stall Count
e. Violation vs. Foul
f. Hold the line
6. Explain the following calls or rules:
a. No referees/player resolution
b. Foul calls at the disk
c. Foul calls away from the disk
7. As a team or individual, develop a plan to practice outreach while completing the requirements for this honor. Possible options could include the following:
a. Invite at least one friend not from your church to play a game.
b. Have prayer before or after each game.
c. Exhibit “Spirit of the Game” both on and off the field.
8. Play six (6) pathfinder pick-up games to twelve (12) points and demonstrate reasonable understanding of disk handling and throwing, catching, scoring, and defending.
9. Write a one-page report or provide an oral report to the Pathfinder leader on how the concept of “Spirit of the Game” is applied to Ultimate and outside the sport as a Christian role model to others. Discuss why the concept is important in fair play and in reducing the desire to win at any cost.