Skill Level: 1
Original Honor: 2012
Adventsource Honors Handbook PDF
Adventsource Catalog: #NA (not yet available) Patch Order (must have approved order login) (link from adventsource)
Wiki.pathfindersonline.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: North American Division
1. Define the following terms:
c. Mountain range
2. Tell three ways mountains have been formed.
3. Choose ten mountains, including 2 from enar were you live, and tell what each ones name is, what its height is, where it is located, and what mountain range (if any) it is a part of. Try to choose mountains from as many different countries as possible.
4. Match each description to its correct answer:
a. Underwater ountain range thatgoes around the world
b. Highest mountains on each continent
c. highest mountain in South America
d. Tallest mountain on earth
e. World's longest mountain range
f. Highest mountain in Japan
g. Highest volcano in Asia
h. Indians call it Denali, "The Great One"
i. Mountain known for its "perfect cone"
j. Range with the highes mountains on earth
b. Mt. Everest
d. Mt. Mayon
e. Ocean Ridge
g. Mt. McKinley
h. Seven Summits
j. Mt. Fuji
5. List at least four mountains mentioned in the Bible and tell what important events took place there.
6. Visit a mountain, and tell about your experience in one of these ways:
a. Tell someone a story about your visit
b. Write a narrative story about your visit
c. Make a video or Multimedia presentaton about your visit
d. Make a picture scrapbook about your visit (this may be a group project)
NOTE: If there is NOT a mountain in your state/province/region, you may watch a video about mountains. then either
a. summarize the video
b. Create a multimedia presentation about the video
c. Create a 3-D model of a mountain/volcano and demonstrate its eruption
7. Choose one of the following verses about mountains and recite it:
a. Psalm 90:2
b. Isaiah 52:7
c. Isaiah 55:12
8. Create a game or activity based on the terminology and mountains that you learned about in this honor.