Skill Level: 2
Original Honor: 1938
AdventSource Honors Handbook PDF
AdventSource Catalog: Patch Order (must have approved order login) (link from AdventSource)
Wiki.pathfindersonline.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: General Conference
1. What is the meaning of the term “mollusk”?
2. Identify from shells or drawings the following:
f. Dorsal border
3. Are all shells found on beaches? Where else are they found? What areas of the world offer the largest variety of shells?
4. Describe the movement of shells from place to place.
5. How do shell animals protect themselves?
6. How are shells made and from what materials are they made?
7. List and explain five uses made of shells by man.
8. Explain the terms “univalve” and “bivalve” as applied to shells.
9. Name in common terms five different classes of shells and name, as possible, a representative in your collection for each class.
10. Make a collection of 20 different shells, classify them, and tell where each is found and when it came into your possession.
11. What is the source of pearls? What spiritual lessons does the pearl teach us? Read and discuss Christ’s Object Lessons by Ellen G. White, pages 115 to 118.
12. Match the Bible texts that best answers a-j. Lev. 11:9, 10; Acts 16:14; Isa. 50:2; Rev. 21:21; I Tim. 2:9; Gen. 1:20, 21; I Kings
4:33; Ps. 104:25; Matt. 7:6; 13:45, 46; Job 28:18.
a. Water creatures were created the fifth day.
b. The number of water creatures is innumerable.
c. Water creatures perish out of water.
d. Job considered coral of great value.
e. Solomon was acquainted with marine life.
f. Jesus twice used a shell product to teach a spiritual lesson.
g. A businesswoman was engaged in selling the famous purple dyes secured from the shellfish Mediterranean Murex.
h. Paul condemns the wearing of pearls.
i. Shell creatures are unfit for food.
j. The twelve gates of Holy City are twelve pearls.