1. Have the Rocks and Minerals Honor.
2. Have a collection of 30 rocks and minerals properly named, 20 of which you have personally collected. Give collector's name, date, and locality in which specimen was found.
3. Know two minerals that belong to each of the following crystal systems: isometric, hexagonal, tetragonal.
4. Know the Mohs' scale of hardness and the simplified field tests of hardness. By using these field tests, collect a scale range of specimens from your own region to form your own hardness test set.
5. Do one of the following:
a. Know and tell two different processes by which metals are extracted from ores.
b. Name eight minerals, and tell how each is used.
6. Define crystalline, cryptocrystalline, breccia, noncrystalline, fibrous fracture, vitreous luster, geode, petrification, stalactite, fluorescence.
7. What four metals are frequently found in native or free form?
8. Discuss the contents of at least three statements from the Spirit of Prophecy concerning rocks or minerals.