1. Define the characteristics of an orchid.
2. What are the two main groups of orchids according to their growth patterns? Name and show examples of each from a live plant or picture.
3. What are the differences between epiphytic, parasitic, and saprophytic orchids?
4. Discuss the distribution of orchids, making particular reference to the occurrence of these in your area.
5. Name the main cultivated genera of orchids. Identify three from plants or pictures. What is a cultivar?
6. Discuss the main essentials to be observed in the cultivation of orchids. Grow at least one orchid for at least six months.
7. What are the main uses of orchids? What orchid is used commercially?