Skill Level: 2
Original Honor: 1991
AdventSource Honors Handbook PDF
AdventSource Catalog: Patch Order (must have approved order login) (link from AdventSource)
Wiki.pathfindersonline.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: General Conference
1. Be able to identify three of each of the following and know where each is found. Know at least one by scientific name from each group:
a. Toothed Whales
b. Baleen Whales
c. True Seals
d. Eared Seals
f. Walruses (one kind)
g. Sea Otter (one kind)
2. Know and locate the story of how God used a whale in Bible times.
3. What is the largest mammal in the sea?
4. Explain the following words:
5. Draw a food chain of two different marine mammals.
6. What is the purpose of blubber?
7. Know two reasons that seals are hunted.
8. Describe why seals and dolphins can move so quickly in the water.
9. Do one of the following:
a. Take a trip to an aquarium. Learn about and observe the daily feeding schedule of a marine mammal.
b. Write a 500-word report on a marine mammal. Include pictures.
c. Write a 500-word report on current events involving marine mammals and their environment and how they could be endangered.