1. What is Marine Algae
2. Where is it found?
3. What is the organ of attachment to the substratum called? How does it differ from a true root?
4. How does size vary in marine algae?
5. Name the four groups of marine algae, indicating opposite the name of each group whether it is unicellular, multicellular, or both.
6. Is most green algae found in fresh or salt water?
7. What are diatoms?
8. Where does algae grow bestCin the polar, temperate, or tropical zone?
9. Where is brown algae most invariably foundCin fresh or salt water?
10. What is the greatest depth that algae grows in the ocean? Why can it not grow in deeper water?
11. Name the three parts of a large kelp. How do they compare to the leaf, stem, and root of a plant?
12. Describe the two ways that algae reproduce.
13. What are some of the commercial values of algae? Give at least one for each group.
14. Make a collection of at least 20 specimens of marine algae properly identified, mounted, and labeled. There must be at least four specimens from the Green group; eight from the Brown group; and eight from the Red.
15. Be able to identify by generic name at least ten types of marine algae.