1. Name ten families of fishes.
2. Identify from pictures or personal observation ten tropical fishes.
a. Explain their breeding habits.
b. Give the habitat or country in which they are found.
3. Name and identify ten fishes native to your own country. Explain their feeding and breeding habits.
4. Define the following parts of a fish:
a. Dorsal fin
b. Pectoral fin
c. Pelvic fin
d. Anal fin
e. Caudal fin
f. Lateral line
i. Swim bladder
5. State briefly the proper care and feeding of fishes of:
a. Tropical zone
b. Temperate zone
6. Fill at least a five?gallon aquarium, well balanced with plants and fishes, either tropical or native, and maintain the same for at least six months.
7. Note the effect on the fishes and aquarium in general:
a. Too much light
b. Too little light
d. Drop in temperature of water
e. Too few plants and too many fishes
Skill Level: 2