Skill Level: 2
Category: Spiritual Growth, Outreach, and Heritage
Original Honor: 2012
AdventSource Honors Handbook PDF
AdventSource Catalog: Patch Order (must have approved order login) (link from AdventSource)
Wiki.pathfindersonline.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: South American Division
1. Discuss the reasons / benefits of earning a Christian Art of Preaching Honor.
2. Define homiletic and cite your resources.
3. Define exegesis and cite your resources.
4. Investigate the meaning and history of oratory.
a. Define oratory
b. Research a few of the great speakers of Adventist history, making a brief report of:
i. A speaker from our early beginnings
ii. A speaker from our modern history
iii. A distinguished speaker in your country
c. Cite your sources
5. Briefly describe the following, in terms of a Christian sermon:
a. Thematic sermon
b. Expository sermon
c. Textual sermon
6. Show the appropriate use of these tools:
a. Biblical dictionary
b. Biblical concordance
c. Thematic Study Bibles
d. Online sources (Bibles, dictionaries, concordances, study aids, illustrations)
7. Prepare and present a detailed outline of a sermon in writing
8. Do one of the following activities:
a. Participate in a course on Christian preaching (obtain a certificate)
b. Preach for a church worship (turn in the sermon outline)
c. Present a brief summary on an event that the Club or the church participated in Have the outline of, at least, ten Christian sermons
9. Participate (or have participated) in the preaching at your church (or a district church) at least four times in the period of a year.
10. Obtain, for your personal collection, a book of sermon illustrations.