Category: Outreach Ministries
Skill Level: 1
Original Honor: 2011
Adventsource Honors Handbook PDF
Adventsource Catalog: #006175 Patch Order (must have approved order login) (link from adventsource)
Wikibooks.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: North American Division
1. As a group or with a friend discuss:
a. What do you think prayer is?
b. Why do you believe prayer is important?
c. Do you think a person can be a Christian and not pray?
2. Individually or as a group, examine the two versions of the Lord’s Prayer (Matthew 6:9-13 and Luke 11:2-4) found in the gospels.
a. What are the differences?
b. When might one of the versions be more appropriate than the other in your spiritual life?
c. Why do you think the Lord’s Prayer is important to Christianity? To you?
3. Locate six (6) prayers in the Bible (at least two of Jesus’ and two in the Old Testament), then:
a. Read / listen to each prayer
b. Discover who prayed, what they prayed for, and why they prayed.
c. Discover the result of each prayer
4. Learn the A C T S for prayer and list an example of a prayer of each type in the Bible.
a. A – Adoration (Praise)
b. C – Confession
c. T – Thanksgiving
d. S – Supplication (Requests)
5. As a group or with a friend, read / listen to and discuss the chapter on Prayer in the book, Steps to Christ.
6. As a group or with a friend, discuss how you have seen God answer personal prayer, whether your prayers or those of a friend or family member.
7. Develop a personal prayer life by praying daily for a month for:
a. A mission / missionary
b. Person(s) who are ill
c. A church or school leader
d. An issue(s) affecting the neighbors of your community
Share your experience with your group and/or instructor.
8. Pray with someone that has a physical, emotional, or spiritual need.