Category: Arts, Crafts, and Hobbies
Skill Level: 1
Original Honor: 2010
Adventsource Honors Handbook PDF
Adventsource Catalog: #005245 Patch Order (must have approved order login) (link from adventsource)
Wikibooks.org Article/Answer Key not yet available
Originating Institution: North American Division
1. How are the following supplies used in card making?
a. card stock
b. felt pens
c. scissors (regular and decorative)
e. rubber stamps
f. water pencils & crayons
g. ink pads
2. Describe how at least three different kinds of paper are used in card making, such as glossy card stock, corrugated paper, mulberry paper, vellum, or gift wrap.
3. Describe four methods of coloring in a stamped image and emonstrate at least two of them.
4. Name four different types of ink pads and describe how they are used. Demonstrate proficiency in using at least two of them in a practice project.
5. What is meant by the term monochromatic?
6. What is sponging, and how do you use it in card making?
7. What is dry embossing and what tools do you need for this technique?
8. Demonstrate proper care and cleaning of rubber stamps and storing of ink pads.
9. Describe and demonstrate how to use at least two of the following in a practice project.
a. foam dots (also squares, hexagons, etc.)
b. foam tape
c. double sided tape
d. tape runners
10. List at least five reasons for making cards.
11. Make cards to fulfill three of the reasons discovered in requirement 10. During your card creation, demonstrate at least three of the following techniques:
a. Monochromatic style
c. two types of coloring in a stamped image
d. a card using at least two types of paper
e. a card using embellishments, foam tape/dots, or other supplies mentioned in requirement 5.
f. A card using a method of your choice
12. Do the following:
a. Display your cards at a Pathfinder, AY, youth group, or similar event.
b. Give at least one of your cards to someone else as part of a missions, share your faith, or similar outreach/caring event
13. Read the following passages (preferably with a group/unit) and discuss the similarities / differences between these letter greetings and modern day greeting cards.
a. 1 Corinthians 15:58
b. Ephesians 6:21
c. Philippians 4:1
d. James 1:16, 19
e. Philemon 1:1