Category: Arts, Crafts, and Hobbies
Skill Level: 2
Original Honor: 1937 Revised 1944
AdventSource Honors Handbook PDF
AdventSource Catalog: Patch Order (must have approved order login) (link from AdventSource )
Wikibooks.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: General Conference
1. Know the names of two countries where Rattan (cane) is grown.
2. Explain how to treat pithcane (reed) before weaving.
3. What tools would you use for:
a. Cane basket making?
b. Raffia or Indian basket making?
a. Weaver singeing
5. Explain how to:
a. Mend a broken spoke (stake).
b. Join a weaving rod (reed).
6. Name two kinds of bases used in baskets and tell in which type of basket each one can be used.
7. Describe how to lay:
a. A footridge border
b. A three-rod border
8. Do the following: simple weaving, slewing, and bi-spoking, and stitch a raffia base.
9. Make a cane sandwich tray with a wood base.
10. Make a hot roll basket with a woven base.
11. Make a round hot pad six inches (15.2 cm) in diameter in Raffia or Indian basketry.