Category: Outdoor Industries
Level: Level 1
Year Introduced: 1986
Item Number: YOU5675
Originating Institution: General Conference
1. Identify live or from pictures at least two breeds of goat. Tell if they are raised for milk, meat, or wool.
2. What type of housing should be provided for goats?
3. What types of feed are used for the following:
a. First month
b. Freshened doe
c. Second month
4. Name three poisonous plants to goats.
5. When are kids weaned?
6. When must the buck kids be removed from the does, and why?
7. How are goat's hoofs trimmed?
8. Why are goats good for clearing brush land?
9. Name at least six items that are made from goat skins.
10. What are wattles?
11. Raise at least two goats for six months.
12. If milch goats are raised, answer the following questions:
a. What are the points to consider when choosing a good milk goat?
b. How is pasteurization done and what is its purpose?
13. If milch goats are raised, do the following:
a. Do the milking morning or evening for one goat, for at least three months.
b. Keep daily milk production records.