Category: Household Arts
Level: Level 2
Year Introduced: 1981
Item Number: YOU6025
Originating Institution: General Conference
1. Draw and explain the food pyramid guide in its various forms. List the number of servings required from each group each day. Why is it important to eat a balanced diet?
2. Explain the difference between the following:
a. Lacto-ovo vegetarian
b. Ovo vegetarian
c. Vegan vegetarian
3. Plan a two-day menu, containing a balanced lacto-ovo vegetarian diet utilizing the food guide pyramid.
4. What is another name for:
a. Vitamin B1
b. Vitamin B2
5. List at least three significant food sources of the following nutrients:
a. Vitamin C
b. Vitamin A
c. Vitamin B1
d. Vitamin B2
6. Why is it important to drink plenty of water every day?
7. How much water should you drink every day?
8. Name three common diseases that can be controlled by diet.
9. What is the difference between whole wheat flour and white flour, and which one has the higher nutritive value.
10. What does RDA mean?