Household Arts Honors
Category: Household Arts
Level: Level 2
Year Introduced: 1929
Item Number: YOU5740
Originating Institution: General Conference
1. Have the Laundering Honor.
2. List utensils used in keeping a house clean.
3. Describe the best way to keep stoves, microwave ovens, and refrigerators clean.
4. Under what conditions do germs and pests thrive? Give ways of cleaning each of the following: basement, closets, cupboards, sinks, and toilets.
5. State the proper way to prepare dishes for washing, either in the sink or dishwasher. State the order in which silver, glass, table, and kitchen dishes should be washed.
6. How should rugs, carpets, pillows, upholstered furniture, papered walls, painted walls, floors, and windows be cleaned?
7. How is trash disposed of in your community?
8. What precautions should be taken in cleaning out a fireplace?
9. What is meant by keeping a home “baby save”?
10. Plan and do the work in a house for one week.