Household Arts Honors
Category: Household Arts
Level: Level 2
Year Introduced: 1956
Item Number: YOU7120
Originating Institution: General Conference
1. Have the Dressmaking Honor.
2. Do the following:
a. Sew a seam with finished edges
b. Make darts
f. Make a French seam.
3. Make a neat buttonhole.
4. Demonstrate on other persons how to measure for length of skirt, length of sleeve, and length from neck to waistline.
5. Make a shirt with set-in sleeve and a collar, and explain how you would adjust the shoulders for persons of different build.
6. Explain how to make at least four of the following alterations or modifications in patterns:
a. Shorten waist
b. Lengthen waist
c. Lengthen sleeve
d. Waist size
e. Lengthen skirt or pants
f. Lengthen or shorten pants inseam
7. Make a pair of pants or shorts that fits properly.
8. Make a skirt
9. Select from pictures or draw an outfit for yourself that shows proper color harmony and is complementary to your figure