Skill Level: 1
Category: Arts, Crafts, and Hobbies
Original Honor: 2018
AdventSource Honors Handbook PDF
AdventSource Catalog: Patch Order (must have approved order login) (link from AdventSource)
Wiki.pathfindersonline.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: North American Division
- What is tole painting?
- Explain the difference between decorative art and fine art.
- Name the types of surfaces is tole painting found.
- Name three European countries which have tole painting heritage. List what it is called in those countries.
- Identify what types of objects are usually tole painted.
- Find five pictures of tole painted objects, one in each of the listed categories:
- Russian Black Lacquer
- American Tole
- What types of paint are used in tole painting?
- Make a sample sheet/board of basic decorative painting strokes. Include Comma Stroke (right and left), Tear Drop (Slider Leaf Stroke), U Stroke (C Stroke), Flat Stroke and S Stroke. At least two of the strokes should use two paints side loaded on the brush.
- Make two of the following, using one or more of the basic decorative painting strokes (including preparing the surface and the final finish):
- Tole painted cutting board
- Tole painted tray
- Tole painted box
- Tole painted furniture
- Tole painted household item of your choice