Skill Level: 1
Category: Arts, Crafts, and Hobbies
Original Honor: 2018
AdventSource Honors Handbook PDF
AdventSource Catalog: Patch Order (must have approved order login) (link from AdventSource)
Wiki.pathfindersonline.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: North American Division
- Describe the history or progression of spinning.
- Name at least three types of animal fibers spun today.
- Name at least one non-animal fiber spun today.
- Describe why wool lends itself more to spinning over other animal fibers.
- What is the largest source of handspun wool in your region or country?
- Find at least three references in the Bible concerning the development of wool materials.
- Define the following terms:
a. Spinning in the grease
f. Plied yarn
- Identify the three main categories of spindles. Find examples of each.
- Construct a drop spindle and demonstrate its use.
- Explain the steps of turning fiber into yarn.
- Demonstrate the carding of any type of animal fiber.
- Spin at least ten feet of yarn using a drop spindle.
- Read Matthew 6:28-30. How can you relate what you have experienced in this honor to Jesus’ words?