Skill Level: 2
Original Honor: 1928
AdventSource Honors Handbook PDF
AdventSource Catalog: Patch Order (must have approved order login) (link from AdventSource)
Wikibooks.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: General Conference
1. Explain the principles of camera construction, what the camera lens does, the effect of light on light-sensitive film, and the action of developers.
2. What is meant by the "speed" of the film? What does ASA/ISO mean?
3. How are shutter speed, lens aperture, and film speed related?
4. Give the principal uses of photography.
5. Take print or slide pictures illustrating at least eight of the following techniques. Use comparison pictures for illustration:
b. Camera steadiness
c. Direction of lighting - front, backlighting, side
d. Panning - background blurred with subject in focus
e. Rule of thirds
f. Angle - eye level, high and low angle
g. Level horizon
h. Distance from subject - fill the frame
i. Use of leading lines
j. Quality of light - shade, sunlight, and time of day
k. Correct exposure - underexposed, overexposed, and correctly exposed
l. Use of flash - distance and reflective objects
6. Do one of the following:
a. Tell how black and white film is developed into negatives and print eight of your own pictures.
b. Tell how slides are made and develop one roll of film.