Skill Level: 1
Original Honor: 1975
AdventSource Honors Handbook PDF
AdventSource Catalog: Patch Order (must have approved order login) (link from AdventSource)
Wikibooks.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: General Conference
1. Give a brief history of the art of decorative knotting.
2. What is a good macrame cord?
3. Know three kinds of cords that are good and why they are good.
4. Know the basic knots used in macrame. Know two variations of each of these knots.
5. How is the overhand knot useful in macrame?
6. How much cord is needed to reach the desired length of the finished product?
7. Make a sampler wall hanging using the essential knots and using at least two variations, such as the horizontal half-hitch, vertical half-hitch, or the half knot.
8. Make two other items of your choice using the square knot, the double half-hitch, and two variations of either or both items.