Skill Level: 1
Original Honor: 1937
AdventSource Honors Handbook PDF
AdventSource Catalog: Patch Order (must have approved order login) (link from AdventSource)
Wikibooks.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: General Conference
1. List the necessary tools a beginner needs in leather craft and demonstrate the proper use of each.
2. Know how to distinguish different kinds of leather, such as calf, goat, and imitation leather. What leathers are most suitable for tooling?
3. Give the steps necessary in the preparation of leather.
4. Transfer a design to leather, and tool and lace some object in leather, such as a billfold, magazine cover, belt, key keeper, or small purse.
5. Show how to use leather dye.
6. What kind of finish should be used on leather?