Category: Arts, Crafts, and Hobbies
Skill Level: 2
Original Honor: 1956
Adventsource Honors Handbook PDF
Adventsource Catalog: #005280 Patch Order (must have approved order login) (link from adventsource)
Wikibooks.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: NAD/ General Conference (link here for GC version of honor requirements)
1. 1. Tell briefly the history of early ceramics.
2. Know what is meant by the following terms:
3. Explain the use of cones in kilns.
4. Know how and when to use underglaze, glaze and stain.
5. Know what tools are used in completing your projects in ceramics.
6. Know the difference between glaze and food-safe glaze.
7. Complete two of the following using underglaze on one item, and food-safe glaze on the second item:
a. Cookie jar
b. Pie plate
d. Flower planter
e. Candy dish
g. Item of your choice
Note: Candidate need not do the firing.