Skill Level: 1
Original Honor: 2016
AdventSource Honors Handbook PDF
AdventSource Catalog: Patch Order (must have approved order login) (link from AdventSource)
Wiki.pathfindersonline.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: North American Division
- Define the following terms:
- Briefly describe three examples on how the use of robotics and automation has made an impact on society.
- Briefly describe the following tools:
a. Robotic control systems
b. Motion Control
c. Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)
- Define computer vision. Give three practical examples of its use.
- Describe and give an example of each of the following types of robotic motion::
- Describe what is used as a power source for most robotic applications.
- Describe, draw, or show pictures of a ballbot.
- List four advantages and four disadvantages of automation. Briefly describe each.
- Define and give two practical illustrations on the following types of automation:
b. Auto Manufacturing
- Become familiar with any FAA (or equivalent body) regulations governing the operation of robots (including drones) in your locality.
- Discuss with a group the biblical context of the following texts as they relate to the field of automation and robotics:
a. Genesis 1:27
b. Psalm 139:14
c. Proverbs 1:1-7
d. 1 Corinthians 2:16
- List and discuss the relevance of Isaac Asimov’s three rules governing robots.
- Research ideas on robotic construction projects. Based on your research, construct and successfully operate a robot from a kit.