Skill Level: 1
Original Honor: 1937
AdventSource Honors Handbook PDF
AdventSource Catalog: Patch Order (must have approved order login) (link from AdventSource)
Wiki.pathfindersonline.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: General Conference
1. What characteristics must an animal have to be classed as a reptile?
2. Name 15 reptiles (lizards, snakes, and/or turtles) found in your locality. Tell where they live, their food habits, and their economic importance.
3. Name five venomous reptiles of your area describing each as to the location of their fangs and geographical distribution.
4. Tell what to do if you are bitten by a venomous snake.
5. Tell what to do if you are bitten by a non-venomous snake.
6. Do one of the following:
a. Tell the life history of one representative of each: lizard, snake, turtle. Compare lizards, snakes, turtles, and crocodiles as to life history, variation in eyes and ears, teeth, heart, lungs, limbs, tails, and scales (shells).
b. Keep a small reptile in a terrarium and maintain a record if its care for three months.
7. Locate two Bible stories in which a reptile played an important part.