Skill Level: 1
Original Honor: 1950
AdventSource Honors Handbook PDF
AdventSource Catalog: patch order (must have approved order login) (link from AdventSource)
Wiki.pathfindersonline.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: General Conference
- Give the scientific name of the dog family.
- Name five distinctive characteristics of the dog family.
- Identify from picture, or personal observation, five wild members of the dog family.
- Identify from picture or personal observation twenty?five different kinds of pedigreed dogs.
- Name five contributions the dog family has made to man.
- Give the name of the smallest and largest breed of dogs.
- Write or describe orally the value to man of the following dogsCSeeing Eye, Saint Bernard, Shepherd, Collie, and Eskimo.
- Write or tell what special contribution dogs have made to man in wartime.
- Identify from pictures or personal observation five dogs that are classed as "toy" dogs.
- What is the only dog that has a wholly blue or black tongue?
- Which is the fastest running dog?
- Which member of the "toy" dogs has become the most popular?
- What dog has been especially helpful in tracking criminals?
- Write or tell a dog story.