DetailsCategory: Spiritual Growth, Outreach, & Heritage
Skill Level: 2
Original Honor: 1975
AdventSource Honors Handbook PDF
AdventSource Catalog: Patch Order (must have approved order login) (link from AdventSource)
Wikibooks.org Article/Answer Key
Originating Institution: General Conference
1. Explain the roles of the father, mother, sister, and brother as given in the Bible and Spirit of Prophecy.
2. What is the difference between self-respect and pride? Write a paragraph about some of the things that make you feel good about your family. Include the things you are proud of and your family's good qualities and accomplishments.
3. Do one of the following in your home for one week:
a. Dust and keep the floors clean
b. Wash the clothes
c. Wash the dishes
d. Properly dispose of garbage
4. Care for the younger members of your family or a neighbor's family for at least a couple of hours.
5. Make a list of some of the things your family spends money on. Explain your responsibility to the finances of your family.
6. Make a list of family activities that you think your family would enjoy.
7. How would you make a family worship meaningful for preschoolers, juniors, and teens? Plan and conduct a family workshop for one of these age groups.
8. Know what to do in the following circumstances in your home:
b. Bad storm
c. Financial crisis
e. Loss of a relative
9. Plan and conduct a fire drill in your home.
10. List five ways you can show concern for or interest in your neighbors.
11. Study the recreational activities of your family. What improvements, if any, can be made?